Complex Problems Require Creative Solutions And Lateral Thinking → Leo Reading
I make creative solutions for complex problems, My favorite challenge is being told "it cannot be done." I love to code and am always new patterns, practices, frameworks or languages.
My preferred stack is ASP.Net Web API, Angular , SQL Server, and I always love to use Xamarin. I'm also competent with MongoDB and Oracle. I'm at an beginner/intermediate level with Express and NodeJs.
Nov 2015 - PresentCAMP Systems
- Designed a plugin-based architecture using Angular2, MongoDB, C# WebApi and Oracle that integrates multiple existing software solutions into a single application. Set up continuous deployment and continuous integration, including automated e2e tests using protractor.
- Developed proof of concept applications using AngularJs, ExtJs and other technologies.
- Regularly presented at peer knowledge sharing group. Presentations include:
- Cross-Platform Native Mobile Development in C#: Xamarin / Xamarin Forms https://github.com/lreading/Xamarin.SuperHeroes
- Cross-Platform Hybrid Mobile Development: PhoneGap / PHoneGap Build: https://github.com/lreading/PhoneGapWhackABug
- Intro to Hadoop - Basic concepts of "big data" and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Awarded the Distinguished Employee Award in Q4 2015, Q1 2016 and Q2 2016
Sep 2013 - Nov 2015The Rapid Group
- Developed a secure, n-tier application responsible for scheduling resources, and tracking order progress, location, and inventory. Components included a WebAPI solution, SQL database, MVC site, live-updating UI via SignalR, Android application built using Xamarin, custom internal app deployment tools, Google Cloud Messaging, AWS SQS, SalesForce and a custom HTML reporting suite. The application is used on smart TV's, tablets, phones and desktops.
- Created customer-facing website that automated the quoting process, allowed users to make purchases, and automatically scheduled jobs, managed inventory and kicked off production
- Developed company intranet application with role based authentication using MVC, jQuery and SignalR
- Identified and researched new technologies to provide proof of concept applications and recommendations to development team and management.
- Automated manufacturing processes.
- Mentored interns and junior developers.
- Maintained legacy applications, and transitioned from EntityFramework and LINQ to Sql to Dapper.
- Introduced Agile/Scrum methodology, build/deploy strategies, git branching strategies, and unit testing.
- Bootstrapped and enhanced existing customer-facing websites and applications.
- Configured staging servers and implemented new deployment processes
- Responsible for 100% up-time of applications outside of a 1 hour weekly maintenance window
The Small Town of Peterborough, NH - USA